Jim_Allen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Spotted Cupido minimus this morning, the smallest Irish butterfly if I am not mistaken.

By change spotted this Cupido minimus (I think) aka. "Small Blue" outside the front door on the hedge. The smallest Irish butterfly if I am not mistaken.

Great to see Spring getting into full swing/ 

DSC01332_1 (1).JPG

DSC01332_1.JPG

DSC01320_1 (1).JPG

DSC01309_1.JPG

Dunboyne, County Meath, Ireland
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Spotted Cupido minimus this morning, the smallest Irish butterfly if I am not mistaken.

A great snap @Jim_Allen.  I've never seen a butterfly like this.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 8

Re: Spotted Cupido minimus this morning, the smallest Irish butterfly if I am not mistaken.

@AdamGT 

Thanks 😊. I do come across this butterfly more often in Ireland, however, a first so close to home within a bulit up area 

Level 7

@Jim_Allen are good images of a species that I did not know, there is a lot of variety in them ... thanks for this contribution!

Level 8

@Robert24 

Thanks 🙂

Level 7

@Jim_Allenwhat a beautiful picture! the butterfly appears to have a lovely blue colour on the inside of the wings.

There's a new place just round the corner - lets go there!